4 reported dead after DR Congo reports fresh outbreak of deadly Ebola virus

Ebola

Kinshasa (AFP) – DR Congo reported a fresh Ebola outbreak in its northwest on Monday, the latest health emergency for a country already fighting an epidemic of the deadly fever in the east as well as a surging number of coronavirus infections. The 11th Ebola outbreak in the vast central African country’s history comes just weeks before it had hoped to declare the end of the 10th in the east. Health Minister Eteni Longondo said that “four people have already died” from Ebola in a district of the northwestern city of Mbandaka. “The National Institute of Biomedical Research (INRB) has confirmed to me that samples from Mbandaka tested positive for Ebola,” Longondo told a press conference on Monday.

“We will send them the vaccine and medicine very quickly,” he said, adding that he planned to visit the site of the outbreak at the end of the week. The capital of Equateur province, Mbandaka is a transport hub on the Congo River with a population of more than a million. Equateur province was previously hit by an Ebola outbreak between May and July 2018, in which 33 people died and 21 recovered from the disease. “This is a province that has already experienced the disease. They know how to respond. They started the response at the local level yesterday (Sunday),” Longondo said. The World Health Organization said it would be sending a team to help support DR Congo response.

“To reinforce local leadership, WHO plans to send a team to support scaling up the response,” Dr Matshidiso Moeti, WHO Regional Director for Africa, said in a statement. “Given the proximity of this new outbreak to busy transport routes and vulnerable neighboring countries we must act quickly.” The Ebola epidemic in the country’s east has killed 2,280 people since August 2018, and officials had hoped to be able to proclaim it over on June 25. For it to be officially over, there have to be no new cases reported for 42 days — double the incubation period. –Yahoo

Medical Crisis

This entry was posted in Black Swan Event, Civilizations unraveling, Disease outbreak, Earth Changes, Emerging disease threat, Health guideliness issued, High-risk potential hazard zone, Human behavioral change after disaster, Human Migration, Infrastructure collapse, Pestilence Watch, Quarantine and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to 4 reported dead after DR Congo reports fresh outbreak of deadly Ebola virus

  1. niebo says:

    No, no, no. No. NO. we have our hands full already with the controlavirus AND the breaking of the supply chain (food), not to mention the riots and the bonfire that is Minneapolis, etc.

    NO.

    Liked by 1 person

  2. Judy Clarke says:

    All bodies falling victim to virus’ MUST be cremated or it will forever return

    Like

All comments are moderated. We reserve the right not to post any comment deemed defamatory, inappropriate, or spam.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s