COVID-19: WHO head warns worst of virus is still ahead

0000 Invasion

We’re all in this together, by ourselves: Two months into the crisis and trillions of dollars thrown at the economy rather than the disease, the U.S. has still failed to come up with a comprehensive coordinated attack plan involving its Allies to vanquish the COVID-19 pandemic that now threatens the lives of millions.

GENEVA (AP) — The World Health Organization chief warned Monday that “the worst is yet ahead of us” in the coronavirus outbreak, reviving the alarm just as many countries ease restrictive measures aimed at reducing its spread. WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus didn’t specify why he believes the outbreak that has infected some 2.5 million people and killed over 166,000 could get worse. He and others, however, have previously pointed to the likely future spread of the illness through Africa, where health systems are far less developed. “Trust us. The worst is yet ahead of us,” Tedros told reporters from WHO headquarters in Geneva. “Let’s prevent this tragedy. It’s a virus that many people still don’t understand.”

00A Graph

Some Asian and European governments have gradually eased or started relaxing “lock-down” measures like quarantines, school and business closures and restrictions on public gatherings, citing a decline in the growth of COVID-19 case counts and deaths. Tedros and his agency have been on the defensive after President Donald Trump of the United States — the WHO’s biggest single donor — last week ordered a halt to U.S. funding for the agency, alleging that it botched the early response to the outbreak. Among other things, Trump insisted WHO had failed to adequately share “in a timely and transparent” way information about the outbreak after it erupted in China late last year.

0000 StandThe Fight: Tedros said: “There is no secret in WHO because keeping things confidential or secret is dangerous. It’s a health issue. This virus is dangerous. It exploits cracks between us when we have differences,” he said. Tedros said U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention staffers have been seconded to work with his agency, suggesting that was a sign of WHO’s transparency. “Having CDC staff (at WHO) means there is nothing hidden from the U.S. from Day One” Tedros said. “Our CDC colleagues also know that we give information immediately to anyone.” In one of his starkest comparisons yet, the U.N. health agency chief also alluded to the so-called Spanish flu more than a century ago, saying the coronavirus has a “very dangerous combination … like the 1918 flu that killed up to 100 million people.” Tedros called the illness “Public Enemy No. 1,” and said: “We have been warning from Day One: This is a devil that everybody should fight.”  –AP

CV Banner 2

This entry was posted in Black Swan Event, Disease outbreak, Earth Changes, Emerging disease threat, Extinction Threat, High-risk potential hazard zone, New virus reported, Pestilence Watch, Quarantine, Time - Event Acceleration and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to COVID-19: WHO head warns worst of virus is still ahead

  1. Dennis E. says:

    Yesterday during his daily Virus briefing update, President Trump stated that when he enstated The China to U.S. Travel Ban, many of The Chinese who left Wuhan enroute here went to Italy instead.

    That comment is rather interesting because Italy has a large contingent of Chinese Immigrants, nationalized, in the area where the highest death told from the virus occurred. Also reports surfacing from Italy is that they have been having issues with The Chinese complying with Italian Law.

    Like

  2. soldier4yeshua says:

    “”WHO head warns worst of virus is still ahead…”” … O, Really??? Just how does he know that in advance?? Because they’ve been warning us in movies and cartoon for years but majority of us did not pay attention and now this is the result.
    I, like most people around the world is just sick and tired of the COVID, nothing but COVID news on media which is an utter FAKE to trap mankind. I am so glad that high profile people are now speaking out very strongly and others alike and protests have begun around the world. It’s time for the population to Wake Up or Die. I thank my Creator because His prophecies have kept me wide awake for years to watch and pray until Messiah comes to rule with an iron rod on the evil ones.
    Please watch.
    Dr. Rashid Buttar BLASTS Gates, Fauci, EXPOSES Fake Pandemic Numbers As Economy Collapses – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGbYHJcMbz8
    Shocking: What in the world is actually going on? Document reveals plans, step by step.

    Liked by 1 person

  3. Jeffrey Tandoc says:

    I think anything said by the WHO should be taken with a grain of salt. If you have been monitoring it since January, they have been giving 1 wrong advice after another. Whether it is sheer incompetence or just deliberate, we don’t know.

    Liked by 1 person

  4. futuret says:

    THEY SHALL BE WHIPED OUT AT THE RETURN OF JESUS CHRIST:

    http://www.sherryshriner.com/sherry/reality.htm

    Liked by 1 person

All comments are moderated. We reserve the right not to post any comment deemed defamatory, inappropriate, or spam.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s