M-class solar flares erupts from volatile region on the Sun

 
November 21, 2012 SUN The magnetic canopy of big sunspot AR1618 is crackling with M-class solar flares. This image taken by NASA’s Solar Dynamics Observatory shows the extreme ultraviolet flash from one of them, an M1.6-class flare on Nov. 20th at 1928 UT: This eruption, and another one like it about 7 hours earlier, might have propelled faint coronal mass ejections (CMEs) toward Earth. If so, the impacts would likely commence on Nov. 23rd, with a chance of high-latitude geomagnetic storms following their arrival. –Space Weather
This entry was posted in 2012, Earth Changes, Earth Watch, Geomagnetic Storm Alert, Signs of Magnetic Field weakening, Solar Event, Time - Event Acceleration. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to M-class solar flares erupts from volatile region on the Sun

  1. Irene C says:

    How high is high-latitude? Is this enough to knock out our satellites?

    Like

  2. Shaun Ware says:

    Hope we can see it over Australia !!

    Like

  3. Kaos says:

    Its not the same storm from a week ago fella..
    That storm (13/14th) was because of a fillament erruption.

    The Peak KP over the past 24hrs was 4 not 5 (currently 1)
    I presume you are reading details from the 13th/14th storm (See Below – if not What Data Source are you reading this from?)

    “Updated 11/14/2012 @ 13:30 UTC
    Geomagnetic Storm Recap
    The Moderate G2 Level geomagnetic storm subsided on Wednesday morning. After the initial CME impact on Monday evening, the Bz component of the interplanetary magnetic field tipped sharply south (-17nT) on Tuesday for a long duration. This helped intensify geomagnetic storming. Visible Aurora was spotted in many locations across the northern USA, Canada and Scandinavia. Great images are listed below.” – SOLARHAM

    Kaos

    Like

  4. Kaos says:

    Solar Update….
    The below solarham clip-it was dated yesterday but has since changed.. I presume Kev is still in bed 🙂

    “Updated 11/21/2012 @ 11:40 UTC
    Sunspot 1618 / M3.5 Flare
    Sunspot 1618 continues to evolve and has a Beta-Gamma magnetic configuration. This region is currently producing low level M-Class solar flares and could produce an even stronger flare within the next 24-48 hours. Sunspot 1618 is now located in the center of the solar disk and in perfect position for Earth directed Coronal Mass Ejections.” – SOLARHAM

    WATCH: Geomagnetic Storm Category G2 Predicted
    Issue Time: 2012 Nov 21 2207 UTC
    Highest Storm Level Predicted by Day:
    Nov 22: None (Below G1)
    Nov 23: G2 (Moderate)
    Nov 24: G1 (Minor)

    ——————————————————

    Sunspot 1618..

    This active region now has a “Beta-Gamma-Delta” Configuration and is capable of producing X Class Events. NOAA forcast a 70% chance of M Class and 30% X Class.
    The Current X Ray Flux (22.11.12 – 10:10 GMT) is hovering in the B Class range.

    Recent Flares…
    22.11.2012 – B6.3 (07:49)
    ———————————-
    21.11.2012 – C1.1 (23:09)
    21.11.2012 – C2.5 (21:12)
    21.11.2012 – C1.3 (20:39)
    21.11.2012 – M3.5 (15:10)
    21.11.2012 – C1.2 (08:52)
    21.11.2012 – M1.4 (06:45)
    ———————————–
    20.11.2012 – C3.9 (22:52)
    20.11.2012 – M1.6 (19:28)
    20.11.2012 – B9.9 (17:47)

    Sunspot 1618 is currently in the center of the solar disc.
    Earth is looking down the barrel of a Loaded gun – Watch this space!
    Kaos

    Like

All comments are moderated. We reserve the right not to post any comment deemed defamatory, inappropriate, or spam.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s